As Support YOUR Cause Tour approaches $300K milestone, historic theaters and charities across America can still participate
Phoenix, Ariz. – Independent touring and recording artist Scott Helmer, who has opened for iconic acts such as Heart, Eddie Money, 3 Doors Down, Jeff Bridges and Big Country, is spending a year and a half traveling more than 25,000 miles across America, donating his time and talent by performing at 200+ concerts for free in venues ranging from historic theatres to Harley-Davidson dealerships, to help raise $1 million for good causes. His recent performance at the historic Midland Theatre in Newark, OH, was a model for theatres and charities everywhere on how to put together a successful fundraising event.
Here’s the anatomy of the perfect fundraising event on the Support YOUR Cause Tour:
- The Concept: The historic Midland Theatre has branded its annual fundraiser, calling it Ovation. It’s a complete evening of fun and entertainment to support the theatre. This year’s event was called Ovation 2015: Setting the Stage for Downtown.
- Wine and Dine: The magical evening kicked off with an open bar and a delectable roving dinner.
- Live Auction: Auction items ranged from fabulous vacation getaways to unique autographed memorabilia thanks to the donations of supporters and sponsors such as Licking Memorial Hospital, Park National Bank, Matesich Distributing, and Leader Printing.
- Hard Work: All the staff and volunteers at the Midland Theatre put in a lot of time and effort to pull off an event of this magnitude, and they did it with upbeat energy and enthusiasm.
- Pre-Event Press: Media coverage included an article in the Newark Advocate and a radio interview with KOOL 101.7 FM's Brandon Lock.
- Total Raised: $38,569.84, all in one spectacular evening.
The Support YOUR Cause Tour 2014-2015 began on May 17, 2014 with a motorcycle ride and concert to benefit Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) at Los Angeles Harley-Davidson of Anaheim, Calif., and will end with his final benefit on December 31, 2015. Until then, historic theatres, charities, and good causes can still register to be considered.
Helmer’s tour consists of the entertainer’s offer to all charities and nonprofits across America: Upbeat, energetic solo-acoustic set of rock and country favorites along with original material from his new CD, Wake Me When It’s Over, at their fundraising event free of charge. To date, more than 150 groups, including seventy-five historic theatres have signed up, ranging from the Kostopulos Dream Foundation in Salt Lake City, UT to the historic Raymond Theatre in Washington.
Helmer’s tour has hit its stride and is approaching the $300K milestone of funds raised for historic theatres and other good causes. Helmer will not handle any money or donations on behalf of organizations during his performances on the Support YOUR Cause Tour. His only requirement is that each historic theatre or charity has a goal of raising at least $10,000 during its event.
After making a huge mistake back in 2008 that cost him his livelihood and his family, Helmer hit the reset button on his life to focus on three simple things: Creating music, performing music, and helping others, which is why he’s also an enthusiastic volunteer for Musicians On Call. Helmer notes, “If I can come back from the brink, anyone can. I hope my story inspires others to never give up.”
Historic theatres and other good causes interested in fundraising with Helmer's tour can be considered by filling out the registration form. Scott Helmer proudly endorses Elixir Strings, Gator Cases and Pedaltrain. Helmer is also accepting tour sponsors. Businesses and individuals can learn more here.